Implant Dentistry Services in Louisville, KY – A 5-Star Rated Implant Dentist
• You don’t have to go to an expensive Periodontist for dental implants!
• The dental implant procedure is simple and has a very high success rate
• Dental insurance can make the entire procedure much more affordable
• Dr. Music will explain all of your options in detail during the initial exam
• If you are having problems with your current dental implants, we can help fix or replace them
What Are Dental Implants?
When you’re missing teeth, you may not feel comfortable eating or speaking. You might even avoid smiling in public. The good news is that dental implants can help. Implants can replace a single tooth, several teeth or all the teeth in your mouth. And when the work is finished, they look and feel like natural teeth.
A dental implant is an artificial tooth root. It is placed through the gum and into the jawbone during oral surgery. Your jawbone fuses with the implant to provide a secure platform for a prosthesis (artificial tooth). If you are missing many teeth, several implants can be used to support a partial or complete denture.
If you are a good candidate for implants, the Dr. will talk with you about a treatment plan designed for your situation. To find out if you’re a good candidate, call us at 502-895-5440 or e-mail us and begin the process.
Benefits of Dental Implants
Most people choose to get dental implants over dentures. There are many reasons why people prefer them over dentures including the following benefits:
- Permanence – dental implants are implanted into your jaw. For all intents and purposes, they are just like your natural teeth. You don’t have to remove them when you sleep or worry about them falling off.
- Confidence – many patients experience a boost in self-esteem when they have a smile they are proud to show off.
- Easy to clean – they are part of your smile, just like your natural teeth. Just brush and floss as you normally would. No muss no fuss!
- Easy to eat – with implants you can eat whatever you want, whenever you want. With dentures, there are certain foods you have to avoid.
- Easy to speak – sometimes dentures can impair your speech. Many times this can be overcome with practice, but when dentures slip, so does your speech. Dental implants are virtually no different from natural teeth, so you will never experience a speech issue due to your implants.
- Durability – if dental implants are properly cared for, they can last you an entire lifetime. Once you have them, they are they to stay!